First…thank you for your help with the Pineapple Lies cover!
Thank you to everyone for help with the Pineapple Lies cover last week — all the comments were HUGELY helpful! I thought the new skull cover would be a slam dunk, and the cozier people said, “Slow your roll, there, Missy.” I think I’ve found a solution…I’ll have an update for you soon!
Time for the Kilty Cover!
Now I need your help with the Kilty as Charged cover! I used a naked man torso on the current version as an experiment, and I’ve decided I just can’t do it. I don’t write steamy romances, so it also feels a little like a “bait and switch.” I need a cover that better conveys that this is a thriller-suspense, with a healthy dose of humor, romance and time-travel thrown in. It’s a lot to ask. 🙂
Below are two variations of my cover idea, both featuring the opening scene where Catriona finds Broch naked at the Hollywood studio after he’s thrown through time.
In the first, he’s a little stiff maybe – but he fits perfectly with the naughty bits hidden by her leg.
The second is a ROUGH mockup using a more sprawled body (we’d still have to make it naked, so please ignore the pants and shoes!!)
MY THREE QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- Do you like the new cover? And if so, do you prefer him stiff or sprawled? (oh my, that didn’t sound right…)
- Would it inspire you to read it?
- Do you think I should keep the tagline: Romance. Suspense. Haggis. ? I like it because it implies there’s humor, but I don’t know that everyone knows what haggis is, and I suppose the title implies that… but it also lets you know there is romance…
- I thought the green shirt is eye catching and helps the eye see her long hair, but two people have already said they find the green distracting…Yes or no on green shirt?
Please comment below to let me know or feel free to email me too at firstname.lastname@example.org. And as usual, thank you for all your invaluable input!
And a bunch of other book deals…
Start Date: 03-01-2018End Date: 03-30-2018
Castaways: Reverse Harem Romance (The Challenge Book 1)
By Lily Harlem
One girl. Five men. A deserted paradise island. What would you do to pass the time?
Start Date: 03-03-2018End Date: 04-03-2018
The Dragons of Alsace Farm: A Story of Love and Redemption
By Laurie Lewis
2017 RONE Award-Winner for Inspirational Fiction. In need of his own redemption, Noah Carter finally confronts his childhood hero, the once-beloved uncle who betrayed him. Instead of vengeance, he offers forgiveness, also granting Uncle John a most curious requestfor Noah to work on the ramshackle farm of Agnes Deveraux Keller, a French WWII survivor with dementia.Despite all Agnes has lost, she still has much to teach Noah. But the pairs unique friendship is threatened when Tayte, Agness estranged granddaughter, arrives to claim a woman whose circumstances and abilities are far different from those of the grandmother she once knew.Items hidden in Agness attic raise painful questions about Taytes dead parents, steeling Taytes determination to save Agnes, even if it requires her to betray the very woman she came to save, and the secret her proud grandmother has guarded for seventy years.The issue strains the fragile trust between Tayte and Noah, who now realizes Tayte is fighting her own secrets, her own dragons. Weighed down by past guilt and failures, he feels ill-equipped to help either woman, until he remembers Agness lessons about courage and love. In order to save Agnes, the student must now become the teacher, helping Tayte healfor Agness sake, and for his.
Start Date: 03-04-2018End Date: 04-30-2018
The Seacrest: A love story (Paines Creek Beach Book 1)
By Aaron Paul Lazar
They say its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. The Seacrest is a story of intrigue and betrayal, of secrets and second chancesand above all, of a love that never dies.
- More wildlife at my own personal zoo, a giveaway and steals and deals - September 21, 2020
- Book Release – You want The Girl Who Wants (I promise) - September 9, 2020
- My Zoo: Critter videos: Bobcats, Armadillos, Tortoises oh my, giveaway and book deals - August 27, 2020