Name an Old Folk’s Home!
It’s that time again, when I ask YOU to name something or someone in my upcoming novel!
I just realized I don’t have a name for a private residence nursing facility in North Carolina’s Outer Banks, where most of the action takes place in Pineapple Port #5, Pineapple Beach House. (If that is the title, I still haven’t decided. You all split right down the middle with “Beach House” and “Storm” names!)
This one could be really fun – I’ve heard a lot of great nursing home names, both real and funny. One of my favorite retirement names — that I actually SAW with my own eyes — was a 55+ community called “Terra Siesta.” Literally translated, that could mean “Dirt Nap!”
Anyhoo, I’m on chapter 20 and usually have about 30, so I’m getting close to being done.
- Put your suggestion in the comments below to enter.
- Winner gets a signed print copy + e-copy & 10 random people will win an ebook copy upon release!
- There can be multiple winners, so if you see the name you wanted to offer has already been suggested, don’t worry and feel free to suggest it again.
- Remember, the home is in North Carolina, so don’t get too Floridian with your answers.
Scroll down and comment to enter!
Join an Elite Group
In other news…some of you are probably already members, but I wanted to let you know that if you love to read and review, you should join my AuthorsXP.com Elite Readers Squad! In short, it is like other Read and Review programs, where the authors give you free books and you read them, but there are also chances to win gift cards and other fun “missions” just for being a member. If you’re going to read and review books anyway, you might as well have a chance to win things!
Speaking of winning things…
And below are this week’s giveaways!
- Get Shee McQueen for Nothing, New Release and Save $9! - June 2, 2021
- Winner of Name the Amusement Park and New Cover for Pineapple - May 24, 2021
- New Release + Cozy Cover Poll - May 17, 2021