Once again I share with you some lazy, clean-out-the-fridge Kitchen MacGyver ideas for dinner!
We had a refrigerator full of leftovers, but nothing was anything we really wanted to revisit in earnest. So here’s what we did:
1. We had 4 little tortillas sitting around. Took them out and put them on a cookie tray
2. Had some cheese (some fat free/2% deli slices and some almost empty bags of shredded cheese leftover from other lunches/recipes)
3. Tortilla #1 got a couple of slices of fat free cheddar, and a spread of leftover deer meat sloppy joes I’d made the night before and a couple shots of hot sauce.
4. Tortilla #2 got a drizzle of olive oil, some shredded mozzerella, left over chicken, a shake of garlic powder, a shake of Italian Seasonings, salt and pepper.
5. Tortilla #3 got a drizzle of olive oil, two pieces of provolone, a slice of fat free cheddar, a shake of parmesan and a scattering of turkey pepperoni slices we had hanging about.
6. Tortilla #4 got a smear of spicy mustard, two slices of provolone and 4 slices of salami.
7. Threw it all in the oven at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes to melt all the cheese…
Viola! We had four unique little tortilla pizzas which we cut into 4 slices each and ate tapas-like for dinner. We thought we’d still be hungry afterward but they proved pretty filling when all was said and done. An Italian Pinot Grigio went well – we generally don’t drink white but the weather had been so summery it was time to break out the cold stuff!
Bonus – got rid of the leftover sloppy joe, chicken, and mostly empty bags of cheese.
Moral of the story: I know I didn’t invent the tortilla pizza – it is sort of a no-brainer – but it is an easy trick to forget. Bottom line: As long as you have some cheese and tortillas around, you can always whip together some sort of meal – and quite possibly use up some leftovers that have proved less than appealing otherwise.
Note: If you’re not a regular tortilla buyer, and you’re trying to watch your weight, check the calorie count on them when you are choosing a brand. The calories on even small tortillas can range wildly from 90 to 220 calories each.
- Last Day to Get The Girl Who Wants Free - June 28, 2021
- Stephanie Moriarty’s Fate is in Your Hands & Archer - June 15, 2021
- Get Shee McQueen for Nothing, New Release and Save $9! - June 2, 2021