I bought myself for six dollars that I am so giddy about I can hardly stand it.
You know you’re getting old when a shoehorn sends you in to paroxysms of glee. It’s just that I was tearing my finger up every time I put on my walking sneakers and now I just sliiiide right into them.
I screwed up though and should have gotten one of the ones on a stick so I didn’t even have to bend over. That might have been too much happiness all at once.
There’s always Christmas.
Winners for the “Name the Nursing Home” contest!
You know, I hate to call it a contest. It’s more of a “what hits me as best at the moment.” I’m not sure what you would call that – a Good-Natured Suggestion Cluster? Maybe I should have a contest to name the contest!
Anyway, first the runner-ups (win a free Pineapple Beach House ebook on launch). These are ones that made me laugh or that I thought would be nice real names or otherwise hit my happy bone:
- Karen Bewsey – Senior Sands Resort Beach Living
- Carrie – Honeybee Villas
- Debi Deason – The Runway (largely for the reasoning: NC’s state motto is “First in Flight”, so they could be on the runway heading for their last flight!)
- Don Vitz – The Blue Haired Lagoon
- Kimber Hungerman – Tide and Time
- Judy Johnson – Silver Shores Beach Community
- Amy J – Laughing Gull Haven
- Lori Jo – Tar Heel Terrace
- Lola – Duck Dowagers
- Elizabeth Robb – The Sandbar
- Lucia – Driftwood Manor
And the winner:
- Kathy – Elder Care-o-lina
I just really loved that, and it seemed funny and cute but also real enough to not be unbelievable as a real place.
Congrats Kathy – you get the print book AND the ebook on release!
And as always, thank you everyone for your submissions – I love reading through them!
My AuthorsXP.com Action & Adventure giveaway is running until Monday!
Just by following authors